DENTON – Head coach Brittany Roth
and staff added seven swimmers and four divers to the Mean Green family on signing day.
The crop of 2019 graduates who will hit the water at the Pohl Recreation Center next fall come from all over the country and North America. Six of the 11 athletes are native to Texas. One swimmer hails from Oakville, Ontario, just across the American-Canadian border. The class also features athletes from Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Minnesota and Wyoming.
Roth is ready to see what the newcomers can bring to her program. The team looked to add prime sprint racers, as well as depth in middle-distance events, something the program found.
"I am so excited about this hard working group of student-athletes who will be joining the Mean Green family," Roth said. "Each young lady brings the attitude and energy I enjoy coaching, and I know they each will impact our program from day one. We have such a great senior class graduating.That called for us to really focus our attention. I'm excited to work with each of these student-athletes, and to be a part of their journey. I can't wait to see what they can do for our team come August next year."
The Mean Green got two of the top 60 swimmers in Texas. London Farris from Dripping Springs, Texas, is ranked the No. 32 in the state, and Cierra Scully from Georgetown, Texas, is the No. 55 swimmer in Texas.
North Texas also got a commitment from the third-ranked swimmer in Oklahoma in June Harris from Bartlesville, Okla. She swam for Splash Club, Inc., for her club swimming.
Class of 2019 Signees
- Jenny Holwell, Gilletee, WY - Breaststroke/IM
- Joanne Charotto, Oakville, ON Canada - Sprint Freestyle
- Olivia Dollar, Spring, TX, Klein Collins High School - DIVER
- Brigid Krbec, Cibolo, TX, Byron P Steele High School - DIVER
- Makaia Goemans, Klein, TX, Klein High School – DIVER
- London Farris, Dripping Springs, TX, Nitro Swimming – Middle Distance Freestyle 32nd Ranked Swimmer in Texas
- Cierra Scully, Georgetown, TX, Georgetown High School, 55th Ranked Swimmer in Texas - Sprint Freestyle/Butterfly
- Kaity Carr, Blue Tide Aquatics, Crosby, TX – Sprint Freestyle
- Saylor Hawkins, Breck High School, Plymouth, MN - DIVER
- Isabelle Holbrook, West Bend Swim Club, West Bend, WI - Middle Distance Freestyle
- June Harris, Bartlesville, OK, Splash Club, Inc., 3rd Ranked Swimmer in Oklahoma -Sprint Freestyle/IM
North Texas will be back in action after the holidays on January 11 at the Pohl Recreation Center, hosting the Rice University Owls on senior night.